The Professor Yemi Osinbajo That I know - Pastor Sunday Adelaja


Introduction: To paraphrase the great quotation ‘Plato is my friend — Aristotle is my friend — but my greatest friend is the truth’ by Isaac newton. In my words, I will say ‘Jonathan is my president, Goodluck is a Christian, but Nigeria is my greatest love’.

I would like to appeal to everyone that will see this article not to be in a hurry to ‘stone’ me, especially before you finish reading it. This is because I have seen a lot of emotions, sentiments and prejudices from the comments that were written under the article I had earlier posted on my Facebook page. As a matter of fact, I was not planning to make my position a public knowledge, but seeing the reactions and the emotions that any form of support for Buhari/Osinbajo generates among Christians, I decided to make my position known at least to those who see me as a leader in the body of Christ. Mainly because of the above mentioned quotation that to me the destiny and future of Nigeria is paramount to any sentiment. 


I therefore believe that I owe it to my friends, colleges and posterity to explain why I believe the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket is the life line to the Nigerian nation right now. Of course you all have the right to your opinions and you have the right to agree or disagree, but I think it would be fair for you to hear my point of view. 
From the comments on my Facebook, I can envisage disappointment and disillusionment in a lot of my followers as a result of my position, I might actually be losing some friends and fans as a result but let’s not forget the words of Isaac newton ‘Plato is my friend— Aristotle is my friend — but my greatest friend is the truth’ . Therefore I say ‘Jonathan is my president, Goodluck is a Christian, but Nigeria is my greatest love’
I have never done this before, to voice my position on the political issues of Nigeria publicly, especially through social media, newspaper or internet but the future of Nigeria compels me.


Ecclesiastics 10:16-17
16 Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child,
And your princes feast in the morning!
17 Blessed are you, O land, when your king is the son of nobles,
And your princes feast at the proper time—
For strength and not for drunkenness!

Part 1: - The Professor Yemi Osinbajo that I know
Until Gen. Buhari picked Professor Yemi Osinbajo as his running mate, I was not certain about my decision. In my opinion the choice of Professor Osinbajo wasn’t just a choice made by man, I believe it was God who handpicked him as Buhari’s running mate.
Why do I think so?


I know the man! 

I would dare to say that I personally do not know any other Christian leader in Nigeria with the kind of impeccable reputation, character and integrity as that of Professor Osinbajo. Friends, THE MAN IS REAL! 

Everyone talks about the integrity and the purity of Pastor Adeboye and rightly so, I dare to say that Professor Osinbajo is a son and a carbon copy of Pastor Adeboye when it comes to integrity and character. Anybody who has met him will affirm the same.

There is no other person like Professor Osinbajo! Anyone that knows him very well will tell you the same thing. He is in a class of his own. I can confidently vouch for him and say to my fellow Nigerians that with the emergence of Professor Osinbajo, we can say at last that Nigeria as a nation has started releasing her best sons to the seat of government.

Ecclesiastics 10:16-17
16 Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child,
And your princes feast in the morning!
17 Blessed are you, O land, when your king is the son of nobles,
And your princes feast at the proper time—
For strength and not for drunkenness!

In the ticket of Gen. Buhari and Professor Osinbajo, I see sons of nobles becoming the kings of Nigeria. I see in these people, princes that would feast at the proper time- for strength and not for drunkenness.


Unfortunately what has been happening in Nigeria in the last six years can only be compared to a situation where the kings of our land has been like children, who feast in the morning. The predictable outcome of such a predicament is a tale of woes.

As a result, Nigeria has not been able to set herself free from all sorts of calamities, adversaries, woes and troubles, because our rulers have been as children and our princes (government officials) are those who like to feast in the morning. No purposeful person goes to feast in the morning, the morning is a time of labor, hard work and diligence. But from the stories we have been hearing of how our natural resources and billions of dollars are been depleted, we could see that our princes are on a ‘shopping and spending spree’. However, we need sons of nobles, those who will know how to delay their gratification, restrain their appetite and those who will go to work hard on behalf of the nation.


The Osinbajo and Buhari that I know are men of Nobles that know how to delay gratification, men who don’t expect something for nothing, men of diligent labor. 
Professor Osinbajo is one of the youngest and most brilliant Professor of Law Nigeria has ever produced. He understands law, academics and economics. He is perfectly prepared to manage the nation. His eight years in the executive arm of the Lagos state government attests to this. He brought more reforms to the government than any attorney general has ever done. His reputation was so outstanding, pure and incorruptible that it gained a legendary status among those who know him. Friends, believe me, if he could do that in Lagos state, he can do that for Nigeria. 


Professor Osinbajo is not just an intellectual per excellence, but he is a genuine child of God, a Pastor who cannot be a stooge to anyone.

Pastor Adelaja is a native of Idomila, Ijebu Ode. He is the founder and senior pastor of the Embassy of God, an evangelical-charismatic megachurch in Kiev, Ukraine. He immigrated to the USSR and Belarus as a scholarship student from Nigeria in 1986 to study journalism. Wikipedia


Make money online from Konga Affiliate Program. Many Nigerians Are Already Doing So. Don't Be Left Out. Join Today!

Pay Less, Get More on Web Hosting: Speed, Security, 100% Uptime & Excellent Support

Want to receive payments from customers or donations from people on your website or blog? Click here.

Need Reliable, Affordable & Fast Delivery Bulksms Service? Delivers less than 1s. Click here.

Related

Sunday Adelaja 5744786214547408467

Post a Comment Default Comments

Please leave a comment.

emo-but-icon

Reliable Bulksms.

Most Popular

Recent

Archive

Need Hosting?

Advertise on Ogun Today

.

Site Visits

item